Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Saturday, February 7

XXX - a true story

Patrick and I were working on his Valentine's and his teacher Valentine presents. I asked him to draw some pictures and write on the brown paper sacks that we were putting his teachers' gifts in. Earlier this week, when we were decorating a heart for school, I taught him XOXO. But when he wrote it on his teachers' bag it translated to XXX. As innocent as it was, I just couldn't let it stay that way, so we added extra OOOs before and after the XXX.

Overheard Thursday night while watching The Disney Channel
Me: Patrick, who do you think is the prettiest - Hannah Montana or Alex from Wizards of Waverly Place?
P: "Needer" (aka Neither.) But I think you're pretty.
MY HEART SMILES!!!
P: Mom, look the Jonas Brudders (aka Brothers.) Which one do you think is the handome-est?
Me: Well, Patrick I don't really think any of the Jonas Brothers are handsome. (I really don't, I just like one song.)
P: But you think Obi Wan is handsome. . .
Me: Yes, Patrick. I do.
For a mom and her 4-almost-5-year-old, we have way too many conversations about the Jonas Brothers and Obi Wan being handsome.

1 comment:

Chris and Chrissy said...

Obi Wan is handsome and it sounds like you're teaching Patrick to recognize the diamonds in the rough :)