Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Monday, July 30

Colorado fishing pictures







It was neat for me to get to see how interested and excited Paul was about fishing. The 3 guys were up at 6am almost every morning to go catch fish. Most of them were caught at Deer Lake.

Patrick was pretty psyched to see a beaver at Deer Lake. We decided to name it Marsha, since her animal personality is a beaver. It was pretty funny to hear him talk about Marsha the Beaver.

We caught (I say we because I was there, not because I cast a rod) 23 fish that day at Deer Lake! We had a great fish fry with our fish, hush puppies and potatoes. Mmmm! It seemed like every time someone cast, they caught a fish. I sat on a rock and read a book and took pictures. I also had taken a pretty nasty fall that day, it was only about a foot and a half, but I landed on my knee. Thankfully, it's just sprained, but that didn't do much for me feeling old a day after my birthday.

Patrick was into fishing as much as a 3 year old can be. At first he thought we were going to catch "cod fish," but then we told him they were rainbow trout. He liked catching the "rainbow fish."

1 comment:

Kendra said...

its so pretty!! What a great vacation