Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Thursday, December 25

Things to be thankful for in 2008
1. Watching the wonder, awe & discovery of Patrick in pre-K
2. Patrick insisting on writing his own name and knowing how to spell mine
3. Patrick’s first seasons in soccer & tee ball
4. Coaching a game of Patrick’s tee ball and getting pictures
5. Discovering that I am a RUNNER
6. Finishing 3rd in the Turkey Trot
7. Year end workout totals – over 700 miles
8. Finally reaching single digit sizes - totally skipping size 8 – hello size 6!!!
9. Cleaning out my closet and giving away double-digit clothes
10. Being a bridesmaid in Jennifer and Eric’s wedding
11. Being nominated sassiest bridesmaid
12. Pink zebra print shoes
13. Being a bridesmaid in Stacy & Champ’s wedding
14. Pink leopard print wine glass hostess gift from Stacy
15. Tech win over #1 Texas – Triumphant "I Hate Eric Fisher" Day
16. Amazing family pictures (Thanks Jamie!)
17. Becoming a full-fledged “texter”
18. Getting an iPod
19. Strengthening friendships
20. Rekindling old friendships
21. Beginning new friendships
22. Taking the FaceBook plunge
23. Learning how to enjoy “alone time”
24. Re-discovering Dr. Seuss & sharing his rhymes with Paddy
25. Asking Coach Leach to be my Valentine
26. Being there when Coach Hays announced his retirement
27. Spending special moments with Mammy before she “made her date”
28. Completing the annulment process, it being affirmed in the Lubbock Diocese
and sent on to San Antonio Archdiocese
29. Michael Crabtree, Graham Harrell, Baron Batch and Stephen Hamby
30. My homemade Tech tshirt dress with the skull and cross bones ruffle made by my mom
31. Listening to Patrick’s versions of “Crank that Crabtree” and “The Matador Song”
32. My Trailblazer being paid off!!!
33. Sunday “dinners” with Grandpa/Great Papa/Daddy/Walter

I'm sure there are plenty more blessings I have to be thankful for. . .know they are in my heart, as are you.
MAY THE BLESSING OF THE LORD BE UPON YOU!!!!

No comments: