Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Monday, December 1

Turkey Day with My Turkey

Patrick started "hunting turkeys" on Tuesday evening. His catch is in the pickle jar.

He forgot his apron, so he had to put it on to cook them. Then he decided that chefs don't wear shirts when they cook. I told him Uncle Josh was probably the only chef who cooked without a shirt. But he had to wear his turkey hat he made at school.

Then we needed more turkeys - the stuffed beanie baby-sized one wasn't enough. So he colored and cut out more.
And then grilled them. This was Tuesday night. We had to take the (water)gun he used to hunt, his "turkey finder," grill, apron and jar of turkeys to Doodah & Papa J's to help cook Thanksgiving Day dinner.

This was all going on while I put together the Christmas trees - without directions. The branches are color-coded and the directions weren't in the box, so it was pretty much a guessing game. Yes, I tried going by length, but they were all very similar. It seriously took me 2 hours to put 6 layers of branches together. Once I got the branches where I thought they went, the plugs didn't line up. Two hours and several glasses of wine later, I came to the conclusion that Christmas tree decorating and PMS aren't a good mix.

No comments: