Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Monday, May 21

The lovely and talented, Mrs. Codd

The Cyber Sisters weekly blog topic. . . your talents and specialties

1. Out of all the red fingernail polishes, I could always pick out OPI Red. Every time. Not sure it’s a talent that pays well, but it’s something I can say I can do.

2. I am pretty darn good at remembering birthdays. I can remember the birthdays of my friends from elementary school and high school.

3. Paul would agree that I am talented at making salmon patties. It’s his favorite dish I make. Whenever the subjects of weight or dieting come up, Paul always blames his current state on me being a good cook. I am so glad that my mom taught me how to cook and that I enjoy cooking. I’d say it’s one of my favorite things to do – plan and prepare a meal.

4. I am a good multi-tasker. I think most moms, are though. I consider it to be a talent to be able to cook dinner, make lunches, change the laundry, make sure Patrick is eating his dinner, get his bathwater running. . . you know how it goes. I think I have always had some amount of talent in multi-taking, but it has become an even stronger talent having Patrick around. Do you think the multi-tasking tasking talent gets stronger exponentially with each child?

5. I think I can sing. I sang all throughout high school and was in show choir with Natalie Maines. How ‘bout that! I sing occasionally with the St. E’s Joyful Noise choir, usually just at Christmas. I also sang on their cd. I enjoy singing in the car with Patrick, too. He actually has a nice voice, too, for a 3-year-old. You can hear pitch changes in his voice and he knows what the song is supposed to sound like. His newest favorite song to sing is the Star Wars theme song.

6. Once upon a time, I used to know the dance to NKOTB “Right Stuff.” I actually performed it with another cheerleader in our 9th grade talent show. It’s been over 15 years since I have done it, but I think I remember some of it. Yikes! Why is THAT still in my brain??!!

5 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

I think you are a good singer!

Averi said...

Oh oh oh oh oh...The Right Stuff....
That makes me laugh!

Kendra said...

I have never heard you sing....and I widh I was a good cook like you are.....

Kerry Kern said...

That's funny, you got lots of talent missy!!!

Jamie Pitman said...

Nice talents, maybe we can get you and Averi together to do yalls dances for us! :0