Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Friday, October 26

Thursday with Patrick

Patrick and I had a super fun Thursday! He started the day with homemade a homemade waffle and "one episode" of Curious George. He HAS to put powdered sugar on them "by himself." We started the day with flu shots - not so fun, but better than getting the flu. He was impressed that I was so brave and didn't cry. I'm glad it doesn't take much to impress him. Then we came up to my office. He has been asking to come up here, so I decided flu shot day was a good day. I must admit, my office is a pretty fun place. We have a fish that "looks like Dory," lots of children's books, stuffed animals, toy airplanes. lots of stuff to make a 3-year-old happy. We ran into one of the HHMI directors, who is also a herpetologist, in the Alumni Pavilion and he invited Patrick to come see his snakes in the biology building. So after we left my office in the College of Ed, we walked over to Biology. We saw ALL SORTS of snakes and lizards. Patrick especially liked the boas. Their tanks were at his eye level and so they looked each other in the eye. We also went into the venomous snake room. There were 8 different rattlesnakes in there and they were SO loud. Totally creepy sound. After we left Biology, we met Mandy, my co-worker, at the Student Union and had Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets and waffle fries. All in all a great day for both of us.
This morning he wanted to come to my office again. I told him I had to work and make money. He said he wanted to make money with me. "To buy Slurpee's." I asked him what he would do to make money and he whined "I could dance." I literally had to carry him in under my arm, kicking and screaming into Jean's. It broke my heart to leave him so sad, but glad to know he thinks I am so fun!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stacy Chance said...

I love that he wants money to buy Slurpees. Your office does sound very fun I am going to have to take Blaise up there some day.

Kerry Kern said...

You are a fun MOM!!! Glad you guys are having fun!!!