Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Monday, October 6

Bunny leg, rabbit's foot - whatever


"Guess How Much I Love You" has been one of my favorite children's books for a long time. For those of you not familiar with the story, it's about Big Nut Brown Hare and Little Nut Brown Hare. The 2 rabbits go back and forth through the book proclaiming that one loves the other one more. It's a GREAT GREAT story. I decided since it's one of my faves to read to Patrick, I got us matching green rabbits' feet as a reminder of each other when we aren't together. I put mine on my key chain and Patrick's is on his backpack. I tried to explain the relationship between the book and the rabbit's foot to Patrick and that it was a reminder that I loved him even when I wasn't with him. Not sure if it made sense to a 4-year-old. This morning on the way to school he said "I see your bunny leg, Mom." Rabbit's foot. Bunny leg. Whatever. I still love him "right up to the moon and back."

2 comments:

nicole said...

I got a little teary...it's my very favorite book!!

Caroline said...

That is so sweet- and such a good idea. I love that book too.