Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Monday, October 27

Josh update

Josh called a few minutes ago from Miami. He said 20 out of the 250 initial interviewees were called back. They each got a 20 minute taped interview. He should know something in 3 weeks. They asked him more situational questions than culinary questions. He got to bring up being a soccer goalie ad a Marine, in addition to talking about his restaurant and culinary school experiences. One of their questions was "Do you think looking like Ken will get you on the show?" His answer was "It can't hurt to get me on there, but only my hands and culinary skill will keep me on the show." They also asked him if he has any nicknames. Apparently he said "Vanilla." They called him Vanilla - as in Ice - in high school. The interviewers asked if he could sing and he said maybe, but that he could dance- and then he danced like Vanilla Ice. I sure hope I get to see this interview tape some day. My brother danced like Vanilla Ice for his Hell's Kitchen interview. Killing me. I'll be sure and keep you posted.

2 comments:

M--- said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO Josh! I love it! I really hope he gets on the show...how FUN would that be??

The only problem is...and it sounds funny saying it but...he's not FREAKISH enough! LOL The last season had a bunch of freaks on it and none with good looks, so being Vanilla Ken may not work in his favor. Let's hope it goes his way!

Chris and Chrissy said...

THAT IS SO EXCITING! How cool would that be!! I love that show, but last season didn't really have anyone to cheer for! I'd cheer for Josh if he was on there!