Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Thursday, November 27

Mommy I'm Proud of You and 2 more WOWs from today

This is going to be a long post.
1. Patrick and I were driving home from my parents' house after Thanksgiving day. Out of nowhere he says "Mommy, I'm proud of you." As I tear up I say why, and he said because you won your race. Which leads me to #2. . .

2. I ran in the 2 mile Lubbock Turkey Trot. I came in 3rd place in the 30-35 age range. I just wanted to run, I never expected to place. Adling was the one who encouraged me to stay until they announced the winners. 19:02 is what I ran. As cheesy as I am, I wore my medal all day around my family. I am still surprised I didn't have to surrender it to Paddy. But back to #1, he is proud of me. And it makes me smile that I make him proud.

3. This is the real WOW moment of the day. Long story short, I called 911 for one of my neighbors. I checked in on her today and I told her I was glad she was able to spend today with her family. She held my face in her hands and called me an angel and said she was able to spend the day with her faimily because of me. WOW! WOW!

Ther are so many things - little things and BIG THINGS that I have to be thankful for. . . my son, my mom, my dad, my brother, my loved ones), my faith, my house, my health, my job and the list goes on and on. . . I hope this feeling of gratitude continues to fill my heart - and yours.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulations on your great race. I'm proud of you too. I loved your comment on my blog. It cracked me up. I have had the blog/stalker situation before too. Next time you see them, just introduce yourself as my friend. Happy Thanksgiving.

Jennifer Adling said...

That is a good post....

Kerry Kern said...

I love that post.....Congrats on your medal and for Paddy being proud of his mommy....that is great and the neighbor awww how sweet is that???? See you next weekend...

Newlywed said...

Congrats on placing!!! That's amazing! We are all proud of you!