Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Thursday, November 15

32 things I am thankful for. . . one for each year of my life

1. My creative, ornery, emotionally-intelligent son who surprises me with “Mom, I love you” several times a day
2. Parents who have encouraged me to be strong and independent, who are always willing to help me out and who help me see the good in situations
3. Friends from all walks of life who teach me things I would not know without them and who bring out the best in me
4. Co-workers that encourage me to use my unique strengths and talents, and have opened my eyes to wonder
5. Socializing and sharing with other fun moms
6. John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son
7. The Mystical Body
8. Daily Mass held on campus on Wednesdays
9. Guardian angels
10. An unconditionally loving God who forgives and gives me strength, and for the Church’s annulment process for giving me “a second chance”
11. Negative “female tests”
12. A house I can call my own, that is well heated and whose cabinets are never empty
13. A park 4 doors down my driveway
14. Convenience of microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers
15. Wine that comes in a box
16. Internet shopping
17. Digital cameras and pictures
18. DVR, otherwise I would never get to watch TV nor would I work out as consistently as I do
19. e-cards
20.That Patrick enjoys Tech sports and being a Red Raider as much as I do
21. Ears that can hear music and laughter
22. A mouth that can taste home-cooked meals
23. Eyes that can see Patrick smile, sunsets and flowers
24. Legs that can dance to whatever I feel like dancing to
25. Arms that can hug
26. A nose that can smell Downy, lavender and baby lotion
27. A mind that can reason (although at times it’s debatable)
28. Marsha Sharp Freeway construction because that means someday soon there will be a Marsha Sharp Freeway
29. To be working back at Tech
30. A sitter that I can talk to and cry to and laugh with and that I know loves my son
31. The determination and will power to finish my master’s degree
32. Making a BRAND NEW start to a BRAND NEW ME in 2008

Thanks for the idea, Averi.

3 comments:

kristinbednarz said...

explain #11 for me please?

female test?

I love these, Britta and you have such a beautiful, gracious spirit! From one "cheering in your court", just thought I'd do a little "shouting" for you!!

lol

Jennifer Adling said...

All good things to be thankful for. And 2008 will be a great year for you!

Kerry Kern said...

How beautiful your spirit is!!!It shows in all 32 things!