Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Thursday, November 1

Halloween Antics

Folks in both the Biology Department and the College of Ed dressed up on Halloween, so Mandy and I decided we needed to dress up, too. We were a PAIR of BLUE JEANS. Look closely at our name tags - they both say "Hi, I'm Jean." We totally stole this idea from Pat and Averi. It took people a while to get what we were. While hunting for our blue bows, I came across my Hutch Jr High cheerleading scrunchie. I brought it to show Mandy because she was a JTH cheerleader 3 years after me. After I showed it to her, she got this bright idea that we needed to be Hutch cheerleaders. It took everything I had to convince her that not everyone can fit into clothes they were 18 - yes 18 - years ago. Especially ones that require wearing bloomers!
These are the 3 little boys at Jean's - Patrick's sitter. Blaise (4), Colton (2) and Patrick (3). They are all such balls of energy.
Patrick as Obi Wan Kenobi. The blue light sabre is the dead giveaway. Note the 2 Mr Potato Heads - Darth Tater and Spud Trooper. It was Patrick's idea to have them in the picture, too. Doodah made this costume for Patrick and it's made of sturdy polyester so it will stand up to many light sabre fights!
Blaise as Raphael and Patrick ad Obi Wan at Charlie & Mary's house.

And Patrick eating a caramel apple. My parents' across the street neighbors always do special things for Patrick. Their whole porch was decorated with spider webs and skeletons, with strobe lights. He thought it was pretty cool.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Okay we need to see some pictures of your Hutch cheerleading days!! Love the pair of blue jeans, and the boys are adorable, that apple made my mouth water!

Jennifer Adling said...

We had fun seeing the kids last night! If they want any more candy just call....we had a ton left over???

Stacy Chance said...

Blaise had so much fun. Sorry it got so late and we couldn't make it to your parents - Blaise kept saying "I need to see Papa J" - it was so cute.

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

Too cute...you look great Britta. And, as always, Patrick was adorable.