Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Tuesday, December 4

Christmas Music doesn't get any better than this

I really don't think Christmas music gets any better than this. I am a hug fan of Christmas music and have a pretty extensive collection, and this cd by Sarah Mclachlan makes it perfect! It's very "Sarah" - enchanting and romantic, yet Christmas-y without being too cheesy Christmas. I heard her version of Joni Mitchell's "River" on the radio and HAD to have this cd! She has the traditional "Silent Night" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem." But it's her versions of "River" and "Song for a Winter's Night" (originally by Gordon Lightfoot) and "In the Bleak Mid Winter" that keep me listening all day. I listened to it 3 times as I wrote Christmas cards last night and haven't taken it out of my computer cd player all day. I'll probably listen to it on my way home, too. I am so glad I added this Christmas cd to my collection.

My other favorite Christmas cd is James Taylor's that was released last year. He also does a version of "River" and "In the Bleak Mid Winter." Both of these will definitely be playing Christmas morning at my house.




No comments: