Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Tuesday, January 22

SUCCESS in the BIG BOY BED!

Patrick slept in his big boy bed last night! Paul's dad and step mom got Patrick a Leapster - they were in town in Arlington this past weekend. Paul told Paddy he could bring the Leapster to my house if he slept in his big boy bed. He told me the second I picked him up from Jean's that he was going to sleep in his big boy bed.

After his bath, I gave him the choice of watching one episode of Curious George or playing Leapster in bed while I took a shower - he choose Curious. When I was out of the shower, we read 2 books and then he climbed into bed. I tucked him in and reminded him that Spiderman (the doll and the ones on his sheets) and Jesus would protect him while he slept. He got one more book and got re-tucked in.

I went to get in bed. In a few minutes he came in and told me he didn't want to sleep with his covers and sheets only his soccer ball blanket (a fleece on my mom made him). I said okay.

In a few more minutes he came in to tell me he wanted another book. I said okay.

Then he came in again and told me got up to go potty all by himself and that he could tuck himself in again. And I said okay.

Then I didn't hear from him again. He woke up at 3am and called me. I went in there and he asked if he could come sleep on my floor. I said no because all the painting stuff (I am painting my walls YELLOW!) and he said okay and went back to sleep.

This morning he was SO EXCITED that he slept in there all by himself all night long. And so was I! Cross your fingers for another good night!

No comments: