Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Thursday, June 19

10:08 #6

I ran in my first official run last night. The Rec hosted the annual Lunar Lope in honor of the full moon/Summer Solstice, so the run was at 10pm. That seemed late, but once I started, I kept my pace. This was my first time EVER EVER EVER to run a complete mile. And I kept my pace and even sprinted at the end. I understand this "runner's high" now. I finished in 10:08 and was the 6th person running the mile to finish. The first one to finish was a 2nd grader,so I feel good about my finish. I am so going to do this again! When I got home, I relaxed with a glass of wine on the porch and enjoyed the full moon.

4 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

Good work. I am proud of you!

Kendra said...

If you work out at the rec, let me know, I have a membership and haven't been once!! I need to get it in gear

Kerry Kern said...

Way to go Britta!

Chris and Chrissy said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting! What a great accomplishment!