Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Friday, June 13

My Heart Belongs to Daddy



I love this picture for picture's sake. But there is a story behind it. It was in Colorado this summer. The day before, Miss Grace here, had fallen down and I hurt my knee pretty bad. It had started sprinkling and was getting chilly when we were taking pictures. All of us were trying to get to a field of yellow flowers that were kinda far away. I couldn't walk very fast, so Dad held my hand for support, and Mom snapped this picture.

Anyone who knows Jim, knows there is way more to what makes him a blessing to have for a dad than anything I could write here. The first word that comes to mind is ENCOURAGER. He is the eternal encourager and always has been. Optimist. Sounding board. And of course, LARGE FUN. Gotta love LARGE FUN. Old Fart. Yeah, I said it. He refers to himself as "Old Fart" when he is imparting "wisdom." When I send him card, I always address them to Jim Tye, O.F. like its a degreed title. He's also my lawn boy. He offered and I gladly accepted. I think he and I both know that it would be less trauma on us all if he did it rather than teaching me. Yes, I am a princess. Papa J. I love seeing him as a grandfather who is young enough and fit enough to play "tackle" and light sabres with Patrick. I am blessed to be able to see my Dad truly play with my son. I can't wait till the day when they go camping and fishing, just the two of them.

I feel so blessed with the family God gave me. I am also fortunate that my friends love my parents and that my parents love my friends.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. Love, Princess.

happy Father's Day to all my "dad friends," too.

2 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

We do love Jim Tye too!

Kendra said...

that made me cry and thats such a sweet picture...