Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Thursday, August 7

Perspective


Last night while I was watering flowers around 9, I managed to step on this piece of "lawn art." Why do I have this P.O.S., you ask? We acquired it about 4 years ago in the "Chinese Christmas game" we play in Slaton. And yes, it was always this rusty. Since then, both ears have fallen off and I have just left them sitting next to the dog, as if they were going to magically re-attach themselves. Back to last night. . .in the dark, I managed to step on some part of this rusty canine. Patrick showed his true compassion and ran inside to get me a towel so I wouldn't bleed on our carpet on the way to the bathroom to check out the damage. He was facscinated with the hydrogen peroxide and was truly, truly compassionate. (Our bathtub conversation last night after this was about what it means to be compassionate.) He kept saying, "I'm sorry you hurt your foot, Mom."
Lessons I learned/Things I have to be thankful for
1. NO ONE needs rusted lawn art. It's going to the dumptser TODAY!
2. I am glad my tetnus shot is up-to-date. (Thanks to slicing my thumb in March.)
3. I am glad I wasn't holding a glass of wine (like I usually am when I water flowers) because then I would have glass somewhere in my body and possibly my lawn, and a broken wine glass.
4. I should water flowers when there is still light outside.

2 comments:

Kerry Kern said...

Sweet sweet Patty!!! I love it!

Kerry Kern said...

PADDY!!!