Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Tuesday, September 11

Getting on my soapbox

Personal choices. We all make them - for better or for worse.

This morning on The Today Show, they aired a piece about getting the government involved in where fast food chains can be located. Some argue that if there is a McDonald's or Taco Bell in your neighborhood, you are at a higher risk of being fat. That is about as stupid as saying that if there is a gym in your neighborhood, you should be in good shape or if there is a church in your neighborhood, you should be religious. All of these life style choices are based on PERSONAL CHOICES! Just because the McD's is there, doesn't mean people have to eat it 24-7. Fast food isn't making people fat. PEOPLE ARE MAKING THEMSELVES FAT BY THEIR CHOICES! I just get so tired of people blaming their conditions, weaknesses, etc on something other than personal choice and free will.

Okay, I am stepping down off my soapbox now. . .

4 comments:

Kerry Kern said...

I agree with you completely!!!!!!!!AMEN

Kim said...

HEARD!!! It's so true, when I get healthy I don't eat fast food. Its a choice you make. I can't tell you the last time I had fast food. (BESIDES TACO VILLA, which I consider a treat)But that is my decision...I make time to cook at home and if I do eat there I make it healthy. Will I ever eat a greasy cheeseburger from Micky D's with a super size fries and milkshake? Possibly but not anytime soon!!!

Jennifer Adling said...

I completely agree....people have got to start taking responsibility for themselves. No one has ever had to shove a hamburger down my throat. Now that I am on a diet I cant eat them all the time. But if I ahve a good week and work out hard and eat better, I can have one at the end of the week! You are good about eating at home and that is the key to this. Eating out should be a treat.

Kendra said...

Amen Sister!! I agree