Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Friday, September 7

What? You didn't know this about me?

1. I made a 4.0 in grad school, while working full time working, planning a wedding, having a baby and raising an infant. I know I have bragged about this before, but I will always consider this to be one of my greatest accomplishments.

2. I consider myself to be one of the biggest Red Raider fans EVER! What do you think. . . Paul and I had one of our first dates in the Victory Bell Tower (during a thunderstorm), he proposed at the Will Rogers & Soapsuds statue at the Midnight Raiders before the A&M game, Raider Red was at our wedding reception, the Tramps brought their bells and Bangin’ Bertha to our reception, we rode in the Tramp suburban from the church to the reception, our turtle is named Archie after Arch Lamb and we have a whole room devoted to Tech in our house. The only thing missing I can see is a child named Raider.

3. In December, I will have worked for Tech 8 years. Off and on, but 8 years total.

4. I prefer Grease 2 to Grease. Paul DVR’d it for me and I sing to it while I work out. “I want a cool-ool-ool-ool Rider. . . “ I have been keeping track of how many miles I walk per month. This month I have made a personal pledge to walk 50 miles. I am already at the 13.28 mile mark.

5. I really like my mayonnaise warm on my sandwiches and burgers. I’ll even heat them up in the microwave.

6. When I was working with the freshmen programs at Tech, I talked about my two “take backs,” like if I had it to do all over again. One – I wish I had tried out for the pom squad. Two - Never dating a Saddle Tramp. Neat thing is, I married one.

7. I have some pretty OCD tendencies. I have to line up the pen cap stick with any words on a pen. I must face a logo on a koozie to the front and it must line up with the drinking hole. I have to line up the rugs with the bathroom grout or the lines in the kitchen linoleum. Every time I walk by the kitchen table, I straighten place mats. I make the faces on Lego space men line up perfectly with their space helmets.

8. St Jude is my favorite saint. I frequently invoke his special talent for answering helpless causes.

9. Britta means “enduring spirit” in Gaelic. Alicia, confirmation name, means “noble spirit.”

10. I don’t eat apples off the core. I must cut and core the apples. I always cut it into 12 pieces so it looks like I have more to eat. Yes, I think I am tricking myself into thinking I am eating more.

11. I attended nursing school at the Health Science Center for 2 years. I LOVED every minute of it, but realized that I am not a precise person and that it was better for everyone’s health that I didn’t continue on this career path. I was privileged enough to see an open heart surgery. Next to birth of Patrick, that was the most life-affirming event – to see a person’s heart beating in his chest.

Did ya learn something?

6 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

I did not know about the nursing school. I think you would have been good at it...but you are good at most things anyways!

kristinbednarz said...

LMBO! So funny to read this! I'm glad I tagged the cybersisters!

I'm the same way about the lining up of things. I'm very intense about straightening things. And I had no idea you were this intense about the RAIDERS. Wow...but please, please don't name your child that. DO you realize how many black dogs across TExas are named Raider?

LOL

Averi said...

Raider Codd, eh? I think I learned a lot about you.

Kim said...

Miss Smarty pants....what a great accomplishment with your 4.0 during grad school! Great list of things, I'm working on mine....

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

I did know you are the biggest Raider fan ever and I aspire to be just like you. I didn't know however that you guys had Raider Red at your wedding...that's just awesome. And, we have a lot in common...I actually went to Pom try outs but quit before I actually tried out. I couldn't hang...the dances were way to hard for me. I was so not coordinated enough. Loved reading your post.

Stacy Chance said...

Great blog and very interesting. I learned so much about you.