Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Monday, September 24

Viva Las Vegas!

This past weekend I went to Vegas for the FIRST time for a girls weekend for my friend Jennifer Ann who is getting married October 20th. We had so much fun, and I was glad I got to "go Anne Murray" on Jennifer and Linda. I'd do it again, too, sisters. That's what friends are for. Jenn's mom, Alicia, surprised us with a cabana at the pool on Saturday. That was a nice surprise. I was able to keep up with the football scores. I wasn't doing so hot on the slots, so I decided to bet on some football games. I had a quick lesson from some nice guys at ESPN Zone, and placed my bet - a parlay on Tech, TCU and Central Florida (that was their suggestion). They said I should place a sure thing bet on UT, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. And I bet on the overs in the Tech game. I was pretty disappointed when Tech lost. But the cabana made up for their loss.
We stayed at the MGM Grand, so Jenn and I - being LEOS - had to take our picture by the lion in the main lobby. The dress she had on was so sassy - it was leopard print with flowers underneath with a black lace overlay! And her sash blinked! Our taxi driver said it was a first. Pretty impressive to be a Las Vegas taxi driver's first anything!
Michelle and I became drinking buddies. We were all about the frozen drinks! We definitely needed them before we went to see "The Thunder from Down Under. "
If you look closely, you'll see I am "goosing" Sponge Bob. Michelle thought this was a good idea.
Friday, we all went walking and shopping. Jenn and I happened to be wearing jungle prints. Grrr - welcome to the jungle, baby.

6 comments:

Kerry Kern said...

I love Vegas. Glad you had fun

Jennifer Adling said...

Vegas rocks....loook like you had a great time....

KT said...

UM, HELLO!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE THE THUNDER PICS??

And what's with the Anne Murray jokes? Stop laughing, but I HAVE seen her in concert. Actually, half a concert. We got rained out. Heartbreaking.

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

Great pics...looks like you guys had a blast. Love the sash and you look great, by the way.

Kim said...

The Cabana so rocks! Looks like a great girl weekend--vegas style! Oh and I've been to the Thunder Down Under, I'll have to find the picture of it and email you it....really funny!!!

Kendra said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!! love the SPongebob pic, I'll have to show that to Gunner, he'll be jealous!!