Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Wednesday, March 5

15 Day Challenge update

YES's and Successes
1. Multi vitamin EVERY day, plus 5000 mg of biotin (for my hair and nails) and 2 packets of Emergen-C (zinc & vitamin C)
2. 80+ minutes cardio workout Monday & Tuesday and record my time, miles and calories burned
3. Make healthy food choices - Fuji apple and smoothie for b-fast (see below for my smoothie recipe) - salad, grapes, Teddy Grahams for lunch - Triscuits for afternoon snack - broiled salmon, sugar snaps and carrots for dinner, with a piece of whole wheat cinnamon toast for dessert - both days
4. Park and walk - working on the Tech campus makes this one easy. The walk to my building from my parking space is about 5 minutes - twice a day. I also park far away from the gym entrance, mostly because all the closer spaces are taken when I get there.
5. Hydration - I drink more green tea than water during the day, but green tea is still good for you. . . I need to work on the water. I just don't like drinking cold cold water. I prefer lukewarm so I have to let my water "warm up" after getting it from the Culligan machine.

NOs - we'll call these "areas of improvement"
1. 1-2 minutes of being silent and breathing - I just don't stop. It's genetic. My mom can't just "be still" either. I GO GO GO until I crash into bed at night. I did have some good prayer time while walking across campus to my interview, though. I used to be really good about praying as I walked to and from my building. I think this is what I need to focus on.
2. I haven't done any crunches yet. I need to get in a routine of doing those. Especially since Patrick likes to do them with me. Too funny!

1 comment:

Kim said...

AWESOME BRITTA!! You go girl, your on a roll and its very inspiring....feeling like I've gotta keep up with you---I like it!!!