Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Friday, April 25

More than you wanted to know, Cyber friends

I stole this idea for a Cyber Sisters blog from my friend Ann.

How many times a week do you cook and eat out? I only eat out for special occasions. Not even fast food. I always cook for myself or me and Patrick at home. I even bring my lunch every day to work.

What is your family's favorite dinner? This is a hard one because I am generally cooking for one and that isn’t any fun. Salmon patties and asparagus were one of my favorite dinners to make. And still is, I just haven’t made it in a long time. Any one up for salmon patties? Currently I am eating a lot of broiled salmon and veggies. I’ve been making black beans a lot – open a can and blend it in my Magic Bullet, juice and all, with some cumin and season salt. Mmmm! And Green Giant make a creamed spinach that I LOVE! I can eat the whole package which is 2.5 servings, but only 6 grams of fat.

Do you have a fast and easy recipe that you use frequently? Broiled fish is pretty easy, but it’s also been part of my “bridesmaid” diet. I am really treating myself and trying to cook easy, I love any pasta (but most especially gnocci) with Knorr’s parma rosa sauce or creamy pesto.

How do you keep up with the house work? When do you get it done? I am a disappointment to my mother as far as housework goes. I don’t have a regular schedule. It gets done when I have the energy and it make my priority lists. Usually on weeks when Patrick is with Paul. I vacuum, clean the mirrors, mop the kitchen floor and do laundry often. I clean the bathrooms once every 2 weeks, but it’s really only me in there, and let’s face it, women are generally cleaner than men. Dusting is always last on my list. In fact, my mom usually busts out the Pledge when she is over and does it for me. It just doesn’t make my priority list.

Do you have any tips for getting it done faster/easier? I always make a to do list of things that need to be done and cross them off so I can see what I have accomplished. I have also had to teach myself not to stress if it doesn’t get done. I have had to realize my limits as a single, working mom and tell myself it will get done when it gets done. .

Do you have a bedtime routine for the kids? Kinda. Patrick always drinks his hot chocolate (Ovaltine) and watches “one episode” of Curious George. We always read at least one book every night, his choice. But our bedtime is never consistent. Totally my fault. But it works for us.

What kind of staples do you keep stocked in your kitchen? For me - pasta, pasta sauce, Fuji apples, frozen salmon, half and half for my coffee. For Patrick – chocolate donuts, Ovaltine, apple juice, carrots, chicken noodle soup, chocolate pudding

How often do you go to the grocery store? Once a week usually on Sunday evening

Do you have a special day for running errands or is it just when you need to? Whenever I need to.

Do you share your the household responsibilities? With Patrick? I am pleased that he knows to put his shoes where they belong and his dirty clothes in the hamper. Like I said, Mom picks up my dusting slack. And thank goodness my Dad is offering to do my lawn. Yeah, I am kind of a princess there, but he knows it’s the best thing for both of us for him to do it now.

What is your best organizational tip? TO DO LISTS! Use a calendar. And sticky notes - LOTS of sticky notes!!! I have them in every room of my house, seriosuly. I also keep dry erase markers in my bathroom so I can keep a list of bathroom needs on my mirror - soap, makeup, shampoo, etc

What is your favorite cleaner(s)? The Cascade dish tabs, Fabulosa floor cleaner. The aerosol glass cleaner – not sure what brand.

How far in advance do you start planning the kids' birthday parties? I really enjoy planning parties and getting creative. I started thinking about Patrick’s probably in December. No kidding.

How do you keep track of all your events/to do? Multiple calendars – a wall one at the office, my online Outlook calendar and my calendar at home. I am pretty good at remembering dates. Got that from my dad.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I totally feel like a slacker after reading your list. Plus, my diet could really use some improvement!

Kerry Kern said...

Can your Dad come to my house?? I love to do my yard but now that Kevin works 12 hrs a day I am doing inside and outside work,oh well good exercise I guess because I am not eating a s good as you!