Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Friday, September 5

GOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Patrick is about to start soccer. We got his soccer shoes, shin guards and his soccer ball on Wednesday night. Last night I promised him we'd go to the park to play soccer after we went to the gym. So we did.

His team was the RED team. And his teammates were Aiden (a friend from school who was also on his tee ball team), Marin (a girl from school who has obviosuly made an impression), and of course Blaise. He showed me where they were all standing and then told me as an aside that he was "just pretending."

My team was the PURPLE team. My teammates were Ava, Kim the hot cookie (said in one breath as if it was her real name) and Blaise's Dad (meaning Champ.) Again whispered with an aside that I had to pretend.

And then we played. That kid can actually dribble. Now his skills might be a little different when there are 20 kids on the field, but I was pretty impressed. And I was pretty impressed with my own soccer skills -not that I am ready to go play or anything, but I atleast have skills to practice with him. Stay tuned for pictures from his first game next Saturday. . .

2 comments:

The Youngs said...

The next Beckham! Score

Kim said...

I'm telling you I'm his #1 fan!! Now if we can get him to say this when he's 15...ha! So, I remembered your VM this morning at like 5am in bed and was like I gotta get on your blog this morning to see what it was all about--Great imagination our Patrick!!!