Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Wednesday, September 17

Moments that make being a mommy THE BEST

Last night at bathtime, Patrick was reaching underneath my sink. I asked him what he was doing down there. Then, I saw that he was changing the toilet paper roll all by himself without being asked! In MY bathroom, nonetheless. HUGE step forward for all of MANkind! I did all sorts of praising him, telling him how proud I was of him and what a good job that was. He was very confused why this was such a big deal.
I said, "Good job, buddy! What made you decide to change it?"
And he replied,very matter-of-factly, "Because it was empty, Mom."
If only all men shared the same logic.

Then later, while I was getting him out of the tub, he said, "Mom, I love you all my heart." (Yes, he skipped the "with.")
I said, "You love me with all your heart? What does that mean?"
P said, "It's like 'I love you THIS much!'" (stretching out his arms as wide as they can go.)
I said, "Oh, okay."
I asked him where he heard "I love you with all my heart," and he said that Jean, his previous sitter, and her grandson said it. I hope I get to hear it a lot more.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

They sometimes say the sweetest things.

Kerry Kern said...

Makes me cry, I love it when they say that, ohhh for my kids to be young again, Kelton still hugs and loves all the time, Kelsey well she tells me she loves me but not so much of a huger anymore~ She turned 15 yesterday go figure