Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Tuesday, September 16

Great quote from Dr. Suess

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

-- Theodor Seuss Geisel


Just last week, I realized that the Tech library has chidren's books. Yesterday at lunch I ventured upstairs and checked out 4 Dr. Suess books for Patrick. We read "Green Eggs and Ham" and "The Cat in the Hat" last night. He decided that he wants to ask Santa for some Dr. Suess books because they rhyme.

As we were reading "Green Eggs and Ham," I'd read the first line and most of the 2nd, then he'd fill in the rhyming word.
me - Would you, could you in a BOX? Would you, could you with a. . .?
P - FOX!
and so it was with the whole story! He had so much fun with the rhyming!

1 comment:

The Youngs said...

I love Dr. Seuss.
He had brilliant quotes in and out of his books. Marcus mailed me one it said "Be who you are, and say what you feel-because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." I have it on my frig.