Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Thursday, March 8

5 things I want to do in my lifetime


Katie, this DANNY the MANNY pic is for you! And relates to #3
1. Bake a cake without it caving in. I consider myself to be an above average cook, but a pretty terrible baker. I think it’s because I don’t follow recipes to the tee. Katie Marshall is the best baker I know! She makes the best strawberry and hummingbird cakes!
2. Get back in single-digit sized pants. Just when I think I can’t eat another bowl of Special K, I look back at old pictures of myself.
3. Be in the stadium when Tech wins a Bowl game. Could have been there this year. But someday Paul & I will be there!
4. See Patrick as Raider Red. This would be a huge rush for both me and Paul to know that Patrick was in the Red costume. Let’s just hope no more Tech folks stick their nose in Saddle Tramp bidness and that the Tramps stay out of trouble!
5. Rock my grandchildren to sleep. I have seen how my parents have loved being grandparents and I want to have the same bond with my grandchildren. And I want to feed them coffee brownies and send them home to my kids! Wink wink, Doodah!
6. Work on a PhD - although I don't know what field I would pursue. . . Public Administration? And the thought of dissertation research petrifies me! This will probably be a mid-life crisis pursuit. I don’t want to sacrifice potential tee ball games, weekends in the blow-up pool and RED RAIDER football to work on a PhD.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

Very ambitious of you but I know you can do it. I am sure you can back better than you give yourself credit. Love the tech stuff.

Jennifer Adling said...

You are a GREAT cook...dont kid yourself...and I want to try this strawberry cake of Katie's....

Averi said...

Okay...I need the strawberry cake AND the brownies! I will be so impressed if you go for your Phd. I just don't want it bad enough I don't think. And...most importantly...I want to see Lil' Patrick become a RED RAIDER, too!

Kerry Kern said...

Great goals, I really didn't list my goals just selfish "wants" anyway, go for it GIRL!!!