Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Wednesday, March 14

Spring Break in Victoria part III

Much to Mom's chagrin, we stopped on the side of the road to get some BIG SUPER JUMBO shrimp. I hear that's a technical term. She questioned their freezing techniques. Josh sauteed them in balsamic vinegar and they were pretty tasty.

Monday we went to Port O'Connor to see Paul's old Coast Guard station. Patrick thought the big boats were pretty cool.
The Coastie taking the picture didn't get much of the boat, though.

Here are Patrick and Uncle Josh showing their muscles the night my mom made his birthday dinner of chile rellenos and we ate on the back porch. Like uncle, like nephew.

It was a fun, whirlwind trip to South Texas. One super scary thing happened while were traveling back. It rained HARD from Shiner to Junction. Dad was driving and Paul was riding shotgun. Mom and Patrick were in the middle seats, and Guinness and I were asleep in the third seat. Somewhere south of Junction, Dad's car hydroplaned and we did a 180 in the road. I woke up to us sliding off the road and doing a 360. Mom was grabbing Patirck in his car seat, and Paul and Dad were just looking at each other. We had slid off the road and into a big, grassy,rocky part of the shoulder. We slid about 300 yards. Miraculously, there were no other cars on the road, there was no mud or water collected where we were and we slid into grass. The other side of the road was a pretty steep drop off. No doubt our guardian angels were working over-time. Patrick never said a word or freaked out. I think the rest of us were just in shock that we were okay and safe. It was the most scared I have ever been in a car. It was a good thing I was asleep. I think seeing it actually happen would have really freaked me out. Times like that definitely makes me aware of my guardian angels.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

Glad ya'll are OK!

Kerry Kern said...

How scary glad everyone is okay, and yes I do believe someone was definately watching over you guys.