Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Tuesday, July 8

Heirlooms



My dad and aunt are cleaning out some stuff from my grandmothe's house since she moved into an assisted living facility. My grandfather, Daddy Bill, was a master carpenter and engineer. Dad told Paddy that he had a surprise for him. Patrick was trying to guess and so I told him his surprise was an heirloom, as if he knew what an heirloom was. This is him waiting patiently for Papa J to get back with his surprise. This kid knows what to do when you say "I have a surprise for you."



I think he was surprised to see that the heirloom was a car and a truck that "looked like Lightening and Mac." It's so cute now he refers to them as hierlooms and not cars and trucks. I had to explain that an heirloom was the most special toy ever because you could never get another one like it. I hope these grow to become very special to him.






After the heirloom surprise, we played Spiderman Memory. This is Patrick counting his matches - 12.



These are our matches. Mom and I had 4 each. Dad - none. And we weren't even trying to let him win! He's THAT good!

No comments: