Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Tuesday, January 23

My favorite cold weather recipe

The "J Girls" (a crazy group of my friends who all decided to change our names to names that started with J. . . don't ask the reason - there is none) are each picking a different blog topic each Friday. This Friday was my choice and I choose "my favorite cold weather recipe." This was actually pretty hard for me since I have several soup recipes I like to make. Here is one of my favs - it's really similar to Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana. Enjoy! I can't wait to see everyone else's recipes!

Potato-Sausage Soup

½ lb. ground pork sausage or Italian sausage
4 cups frozen hash browns
1 large onion, chopped
1 14-ounce can chicken broth
2 cups water
1 10 ¾ -ounce can of cream of celery soup
1 10 ¾ -ounce can of cream of chicken soup
2 cups milk

Brown sausage and drain. Return to pan.

Add hash browns and next 3 ingredients, bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in soups and milk; cook stirring often until thoroughly heated.

Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese. Serve with garlic bread.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I think i'll try it this weekend....yummmm!! I'll let you know!!

Kendra said...

This sounds yummy & easy.....I like the simple recipes!!

Jennifer Adling said...

Sounds good...love soup and love potatoes....

Marsha said...

Britta made this for us the first weekend of our snow & ice. She used Italian sausage and it was yummo! The soup plus a toasty garlic bread was real "comfort food" on a snowy day.

Averi said...

This sounds awesome and I want to eat it.

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

I am so trying this Wednesday when it snows. Thanks!