Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Monday, January 22

Four things you may or may not know about me. . .

1. My name - Britta - comes from James Mitchner's The Drifters. It was a book my Dad read and then gave to my mom to read when they were discussing names. The book is a about defiance, coming of age, sex and drugs. My Dad gave me a copy of it when I turned 21. I used to hate my name - it was too unusual, I got made fun of a lot and I couldn't find anything with my name on it. I got called Bratta Tye-my-shoe in elementary school. If you don't have Britta added to your dictionary, spellcheck will suggest "brat." But I love my name now. I think it's unique and classy without being too weird. Also, my initials were BLT - Britta Lynnae Tye - before I got married.


2. I have chauffered Herbie Hancock, Orel Herschiser, Molly Ivins and Hank Blaylock around Lubbock. Some was when I worked for Student Activities at Tech and some was helping out with the Heckler First Pitch luncheon. Amazingly, I don't have any of their autographs.


3. I am obsessive-compulsive about weird things. The volume on the TV has to be on an even number or a multiple of 5. I can't set the volume for any level ending in 1, 3, 7 or 9. I don't know why, it just bugs. Also, I have to have the placemats on our kitchen table perfectly square. I re-align then every time I walk by. If I use a pen with a lid, the lid has to line up with any words that are on the pen. I re-write to-do lists after I have crossed to many items off. I also rewrite grocery lists to match the layout of the store.

LATE ADDITION. . . 4. One more thing I am VERY proud of. . . I graduated with my master's in Higher Education Administration with a 4.0 while working full-time, planning a wedding and having a baby/infant. Sometimes I don't feel as if the degree is actually paying off, but I am pretty proud of myself for this accomplishment.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Wow, I didn't know any of that!!

Kim said...

I love your #3, something personal like my sharing issue!!! And you name...I've always loved your name b/c it was so unique!!! great list!!

Stacy Chance said...

I didn't know any of that either. One thing we have in common is that I rewrite to do lists too after I have marked to many things off. Interesting.

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

First of all, getting your Masters and receiving a 4.0 is an amazing accomplishment...congrats. I didn't know any of this...very interesting, Ms. BLT!!

Averi said...

Okay...#3...you have a problem. I did not knwo any of these fun facts about you, though. Very nice. I think I will go mess up your placemats right now! (hee hee!)

Kerry Kern said...

I don't know you very well, but I think it is awesome that you got your masters and the 4.0,takes courage,something I need more of.