Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Monday, January 15

The yummiest & easiest cobbler ever!

This was Katie's idea. I had shared this recipe with her and strangely enough, we both had it Sunday night! Hungry minds think alike! I actually got this recipe from my grandmother in Slaton who made it so often, she had it memorized.

Melt 1 stick of butter in a 9x9 pan. Add canned fruit with juice. (Be sure not to use pie fillings. I have used cherries, peaches, blueberries – even fruit cocktail.)
Then combine
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
and pour over fruit.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. And TA-DA!

5 comments:

Averi said...

This is so close to mine! I do the same thing, only I pour the batter over the butter...then pour the fruit with juice over the batter. THEN, for just a little extra umf, I sprinkle a little extra sugar over the top. It was my grandad's recipe. We use to make it together! It is SOOO tasty! I make peach most of the time, and serve with vanila icecream. Mmmm Mmm good. (Oh, and I have never added vanilla. Maybe I will try it!)

Jennifer Adling said...

I am not a big cobbler fan, but I think I would like it with cherries....of course this is the opposite of what I should be thinking about eating!!

Stacy Chance said...

I think this is the recipe that you have made at our house before and I loved it. Thanks for sharing and I hope to make it soon.

Marsha said...

Growing up my mom (Britta's grandmother) made this cobbler quite often---it was one of her favorites. She would make it the same everytime, but sometimes the cherries would end up on top! She would always say "it's the moon!" It really would happen that way...during full moon cycle the cherries would actually rise to the top!! I love this recipe because of the simple ingredients and each time I bake or eat this cobbler is reminds me of my mom and how totally serious she was when she'd say "it's the moon!!"

Kim said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmm, i'm printing it out now!! Thanks for sharing girl!!