Countdown to RED RAIDER FOOTBALL

Friday, February 2

My 5 Favorite Quotes

This is Courtney's week to choose the blog topic. I must admit this one was REALLY hard for me. I have been collecting quotes for a long time and I have a whole book of them. These are some of my all-time favorites, but there were so many to choose from.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
This was actually the "quote of the day" that was emailed to me today. I am on like 3 daily quote email lists. It truly is one of my all time favorites.

I haven't learned all that I should even yet, but I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be.
Phillippians 3:12
This Bible verse gives me faith that God has a plan for me as long as I trust in Him - no matter how trying things seem.

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in sqaure holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. The push the human race forward. And while some may see them as crazy, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.
~Think Different ad for Apple Computers
My dad gave me this quote/ad back in 1999. He's always good for a meaningful, inspirational quote. He also gave me one once upon a time about a frog. I love what that quote means and I try to live my life "eating the big ones first." Thanks, Dad!

Everyone needs a hug. It changes your metabolism.
~Leo Buscaglia
A friend of mine who is now a Jesuit priest gave me this quote at a Catholic Student Association leadership retreat on July 12, 1996. I still have the original note he wrote it on in my quote book. It makes me smile and think about him and how hugs really do make a difference.

A woman is like a teabag - you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water.
~Theodore Roosevelt
This one is on a card my dad gave me in December 2000. He said it had ME written all over it. I have kept it on a bulliten board in my office ever since.

The quote I used for Steve's birthday from Moby Dick is one of my fav's, too. My senior English teacher wrote that on my Moby Dick paper and I've kept it in my quote book ever since. It's such a true statement. And I really liked that book.

2 comments:

Averi said...

You are the quote Queen! I love them all. I feel so inspired!

Kim said...

Ditto Avery!! I love the apple computer quote and the women are like teabags....Women UNITE!! Those are all great!! good blogging girl!!